Here are a few ideas to get you going – you may also come up with your own unique ideas. You can also download our fundraising guide.
- Take on a challenge for Wiltshire Sight
- Bake and Sell Cakes
- Coffee Morning
- Hold a ‘Rosie Lea’ Tea Party for Wiltshire Sight
- Host a ‘Dining in Dark’ dinner or lunch party
- Run, walk or cycle for Wiltshire Sight
- Sell your stuff at a car boot sale or on eBay or donate to our online charity shop.
- Donate good quality handbags for our ‘pop up’ shops
- Have a Clothes Swap evening
- Encourage your local school to join our ‘Bright 4 Sight’ fundraising day in October (World Sight Day)
- Have a ‘Bright 4 Sight’ dress down and fundraising day in your office or workplace
- Hold a Quiz Night
Once you have chosen your activity, do you need to think about the following points:
- Date and Time
- Who will be involved
- How you will promote your activity or event
- Inviting guests
- How you will raise funds – Sponsorship, Donations, Raffle
We have a ‘Wiltshire Sight’ logo for our fundraisers and supporters to use. If you would like to use this logo please ask us to email the logo to you.
Some supporters want to publicise their events and activities in the local press. If you would like to do this we suggest you use the contact your local paper and speak to a reporter If you are asked to supply a press release and need help writing it please let us know. Most publications will also allow you to update your own events on their website
- Wiltshire Gazette & Herald
- Wiltshire Times
- Swindon Advertiser (published daily)
- BBC Radio Wiltshire
Wiltshire Sight has a Facebook page – facebook.com/wiltssight and a Twitter account – @wiltssight. If you are promoting your event or activity via social media please link to these accounts if you wish.
We can also help to promote your events and activities so please get in touch with the Fundraising Coordinator if you would like us to help with this.
We have a standard Wiltshire Sight sponsorship form and copies can be downloaded from the Wiltshire Sight. If you are using paper sponsor forms please encourage your supporters to fill in the form fully to enable us to claim gift aid on their donation. Gift aid can be claimed on any donations from individuals who are UK tax payers and is worth an extra 25 pence per pound donated. Gift aid really makes a big difference to Wiltshire Sight and therefore we try to maximise how much we can claim by encouraging people to fully fill in sponsorship forms.
Many people now prefer to make donations and pledge sponsorship online, these online fundraising tools make it simple for people to set up their own pages whilst linking to Wiltshire Sight. Wiltshire Sight has a fundraising page on Local Giving.
If you are planning a raffle as part of your activity/event please contact us first for guidance to ensure that it complies with gambling regulations. Please contact the Fundraising Coordinator for more details.
Once you have completed your event or activity please return any money raised to Wiltshire Sight as soon as you can. Please drop it off at the office (contact details included in the pack). If you would like to pay the money direct into our bank please get in touch for further details.